Do You Know Your First Aid Requirements?
By Steve Brand | January 15, 2020
Your legal requirements as an employer in the UK
Under the The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981, employers must provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work.
This is a legal requirement and employers who ignore this legislation might be at risk of prosecution or civil action by employees.
Assessment of your first-aid needs
In order to establish what provision for first-aid is required you should make an assessment of the first-aid needs appropriate to the circumstances of your business.
What action should I take as an employer?
- Use our First Aid Requirements Calculator by clicking here.
See our list or First Aid courses at the foot of this page.
- Click here to contact us if you have any questions.
For more information on your responsibilities as an employer in relation to your employees, please see the two links below:-
- Health and Safety Executive - Are you an employer?
- Health and Safety Executive - First Aid Legislation UK.
Our First Aid Training Courses
Seahaven Safety Training, based at The Port of Newhaven in East Sussex, is the ideal establishment for First Aid Training at all levels. The links below will provide you with more detail:-
First Aid & Medical Courses
- Emergency First Aid at Work.
- First Aid at Work.
- First Aid at Work Refresher.
- First Aid Essentials.
- Activity First Aid.
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid.
- Paediatric First Aid.
- Paediatric First Aid Annual Refresher.
- Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillation.
- CPR and Automated External Defibrillation.
- Basic Life Support and Automated External Defibrillation.
- Basic Life Support and Management of Anaphylaxis.
- Basic Life Support for Adults and Children.
- Administering Emergency Oxygen.